Love your bones!
• Babies are born with over 300 bones, but some or these fuse over time, leaving only 206 bones in the adult body.
• At half the size of a grain of rice, the smallest bone in the body is the stirrup bone in your ear. The largest bone in the body is the femur bone, which runs from the pelvis to the knee.
• The hyoid bone is the foundation of speech and is only found in humans and Neanderthals.
This horseshoe-shaped bone helps support the tongue and elevate the voice box when you talk or swallow. It is the only bone in the body not connected to any other.
• The body has over 230 moveable and semi moveable joints.
• The average amount of time taken for a fractured bone to heal is three months.
Read more related articles: